2015 - A year in illustration

EndofYearMosaic2015-PatriciaZapata

This is my 9th and last year of posting a mosaic on this blog. Now don't worry. I'm not going anywhere. I'll still be online but not on this blog. I'm working a new home for 2016 and I can't wait to show you. For now, this will be the last time I post on this blog. Sadly, I haven't had time to keep up with it. So my 10th year here was more of a fizzle than a going-out-strong — which in the end has made it easier to let go. Everything has its time and place.

I cannot sign off without saying that the experiences that I had and the people that I met through this blog are unforgettable. I will forever be grateful for everything and for all of you that visited throughout the years. Thank you, thank you.

2015 was the year where I got more confident with my illustration. I will always be grateful for headed in this new direction. My paper creations will always be my first love but it was time to stretch myself in something new. I'm so very grateful to those of you that embraced my new work and supported me with the publication of my new coloring book Flower Nook. Who knew that self-publishing would be something I'd do this year? Who knew that I'd go back to what got me interested in art to begin with?

My paper projects where fewer but I can see how my illustration started affecting their style. I like that too. I think combining my graphic and organic styles is an interesting angle that I'll be exploring further. I'm working on a new site and new products so I'm ready for 2016 to get started. I can't wait.

If you're curious my previous end-of-year mosaics are here: 2007200820092010201120122013 and 2014.

Farewell Blogspot and hello new shiny site, that's in the works! (I'll post on Facebook and Instagram when it's ready). So excited to show off a clean slate!

Thank you so much to those of you that have been around for so long be it here or anywhere where I happen to land online. Here's to a wonderful and shiny new 2016! Cheers and Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new direction, hope it all goes well for you. Love all your work illustration and paper art. I will follow you in your new guise online!

    ReplyDelete