reflection



I sat here for a while trying to express what I feel about Steve Jobs passing away and the words wouldn't come (at least not coherently). I think my reaction, is stronger than I expected and is also tied into the "aha! moment" I had last month and what I'm doing about it. Much of what he said in this commencement address, has resonated so much with me.

My first experience with a Mac: the computer lab at the University of Houston graphic design department. We had a cot on one end of the room so that we could take turns on the computers (not enough for everyone) and sleeping. Fun times that also included floppy disks and SyQuest cartridges (anyone remember those?). That feels like a lifetime ago.

And yet, I'm still on a Mac.

Holly's post is the best I've read today. In her words...

Have a great day everyone and thank you Steve!

• • •

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment