and the winner is...

The majority has spoken, so I will be doing a 3D paper shape for the ornament. As of this moment I have no idea what it will look like. Time constraints may limit what I can do but even I'm curious to see what I come up with.

Thank you so much to everyone that has participated in my ornament survey! It was so much fun to see the numbers start creeping up and the ideas that you were all sharing. I will keep the survey open until tonight as promised, but as of right now 132 of you responded and there were an additional 55 of you that left other comments and/or ideas in the 2nd question. I thought it would be fun for you to see the results (and you'll know I'm not cheating! ;))—so here is a graph that I downloaded from Survey Monkey (although I made it black and white because their colors were a bit horrid - hehe!)



I also want to share just some of the ideas that came pouring in with question 2. Maybe you could try some yourselves. So here you go:
encaustic painting, star in a halo (with instructions and all - thanks Jim!), LED lights, wire, beading, combination of fabric and yarn, pipe cleaners, combination of thread and paper, paper lace, tell a graphic story, a recycled element like a bottle cap, quilling, basic ink doodle (in black, red or green), something from nature (wood, beans, dried leaves), something transparent (acetate or glassine), use and angel, wreath or a tree image in the middle, polymer clay, using the ring as the top of a mobile, tinsel, a photo, silver leaf, something suspended in the middle that will twirl.

That was just some. Phew!



Since I can't show you anything I worked on this week (the suspense will kill me!), I'll just show you that our mantle is decked out for the holidays thanks to our little C. She took it upon herself to make a strand of snowflakes while I went out to dinner with some friends (the type of get together where we all end up in tears from laughing so hard = great group therapy!).

So this morning...
D: "Not to be rude or anything... but isn't it a bit early to be decorating for Christmas?"
Me: "I agree." (outside of C's presence of course) "Who are we to stop a blooming artist?" (wink).

Friday Tidbits 
- Pia Wustenberg - She is taking recycling of paper to a whole new level.

 - I love this video of Rob Ryan. Typically 'nice' isn't such a great word to describe someone, but that's what he seems like to me... just a really nice and genuine person (aside from the extremely talented man that he is!).

Enjoy and have a great weekend everyone!


Handmade Portraits: Rob Ryan from Etsy on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment