gift tags

This weekend we put the box, that little C and I made a few days back, to good use. It was the perfect way to give a friend his birthday gift, a gift card. I just added a matching tag and it was ready to go.

gift box

The gift card dilemma
I don't know about you, but it seems to me like it's getting harder to know what kids are into these days. So... gift cards have become part of our gift giving repertoire even though I have very mixed feelings about giving them. Half of me feels that they appear impersonal and like a last minute thing. But the other half knows that I'd rather give something that I know will be put to good use. The gift receiver will purchase what they really want and not have to deal with something we gave them and they may consider lame. I think (hope) that people know us well enough to know that the latter is really our intent when giving gift cards.

Book store gift cards are my favorites. As an avid reader, I'd like to think that a great book becomes a tiny part of our small friends' lives. If their moms catch them reading late at night instead of falling asleep when they should that would make me doubly happy. There's nothing better than being taken in by a great book.

gift tag or bookmark

While I'm on the gift giving thing...
I was organizing some files when I ran across this short video that I made exactly a year ago. I don't know why I didn't post it back then. It may have been because it's not particularly great (shot at an odd angle among other things) or because it's very similar to another one I made around the same time. But I decided to post it today. Why not? Maybe someone will find it useful. It will also make me cringe enough to improve my video making capabilities quickly. You have carte blanche to call me out on it if I don't. Deal?



Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment