your million dollar dream

I am my own worst critic. I always feel like there is so much more I could be doing and ways in which I can improve. The funny thing is that just as I'm beating myself about one thing or another I have outside input that sets me straight. I am reminded of the fact that I am accomplishing a lot and that even though I still have a lot to learn I should feel free to pat myself on the back.

A few days ago I received an email that informed me that my blog was mentioned in a new book by Tamara Monosoff called, Your Million Dollar Dream: Regain Control & Be Your Own Boss, Create a Winning Business Plan, Turn Your Passion into Profit. My blog was on a list of five that she recommends. To say that I was surprised and flattered is a huge understatement. I purchased the book and sure enough there I am on page 163. Thank you so much to Ms. Monosoff for the mention and kind words.

I'm already half-way through the book and I keep wishing that I'd had something like this when I was starting my business years ago. It's a very easy read and although some chapters aren't quite relevant to my situation since I'm already established in those particular areas, I am finding the tips on marketing very helpful. The reminder about focusing on my goals and pressing forward in a determined fashion has also been good. I've enjoyed the stories she shares of other entrepreneurs and their experiences because they're so inspirational. I think this would be a great book for someone that is just starting out, specially since it's written from the perspective of our current global economy.

So... from where I stand today I think a little pat on the back is in order, right?

Give yourself one or several too. We all deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment