applying the creative elsewhere

I'm not a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination, but as soon as I heard about the bloganistas, I thought I'd give it a shot. It's a Flickr group where bloggers will be posting an outfit once a week. Joining the group will actually help me out with a few of my resolutions for the year.

I'm meticulous with my work but not so much with my appearance. I don't think I scare anyone away but it's... well, just fair. Working from home has made me lazy and sometimes I really don't recognize myself. Motherhood has also made my style take a dive. I hate to admit that but it's true. I'm typically the last one to get ready when we're headed anywhere and I just slap myself together. No more.

My first bloganista outfit is here.



I've also decided that this will be the year when I will finally make something to wear—skirts are high on the list. The fact that my Mom has just purchased a serger has me really itching to get going.

So, I'll also be kicking the fear of my sewing machine to the curb. Anyone else trying something that gets them out of their comfort zone?

No comments:

Post a Comment