simple and neutral

I don't know if many of you have noticed but my shop updates had come to a screeching halt. While I can blame a lot of things (summer?), the truth is that I took some time away to reconsider the direction I wanted to take.

As you know, I don't shy away from color, but I've been craving neutrals. I've also become more interested in stretching my simple tastes to the limit. How much is too far or too simple? What happens when there is no color or it's very minimal? Shapes become the main focus and that's where the challenge lies. That's what I think I'm trying to get at. The few things I've come up with so far, tune into this exploration and into my core preferences.

There are more things to come, but for now here are new die cut flat cards that I just uploaded to my site.

Weave and Crossroads - While flowers and leaves fascinate me, I'm also on the lookout of patterns and details left between them (weird?). The negative spaces I find, are what inspired these two cards.

Weave



Crossroads




Pods - I don't know why but I can't get away from these. They are also in a paper lamp tutorial that will be seeing the day of light in a few weeks and a fabric pattern I designed last year.



Now, to cool off with a tall glass of something ice cold. We just got back from the pool and I have no idea why I didn't take a bathing suit with me. Genius. I watched the kids and baked myself unwillingly (no shade anywhere). Yep. I had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment