gifts in the mail

After making something or coming up with what I think is a great idea, I'm the type that wants to share it right away. My fingers itch to get on my keyboard and blog away. Not being able to mention projects just about kills me! That's why the unveiling is so sweet.



This is the artwork that I produced for the Nov/Dec cover of Wild magazine (distributed on Frontier Airlines flights). It's the first time that I have one of my paper illustrations on the cover of a magazine and I feel so happy about it—giddy happy—jump up and down happy. Ok, you get the picture.

The timing of this project was terrible. Remember the hurricane? Well the sketches and production were all completed during the aftermath. Yeah, real fun. The motivation to finish it, and finish it well, was what really kept me going.



Today was a great mail day. Not only did I get the Wild magazines but I also got the first draft of the layout of my entire book! It looks great and I wish I could show it to you (10 months to go for that). I'm so excited to see Home, Paper, Scissors coming to life!

Another great surprise to share today - The wonderful Nicole Lecht of FreshlyBlended included me in an article she posted on VenusZine yesterday. I'm very flattered by being in such great company. All the blogs she mentions on her list are some of my favorites too. Thank you Nicole!

My One Month of Projects is coming along. I'll reveal a little more about what I'm doing tomorrow.

By the way, those of you that think that I've forgotten about my Crafty Synergy blog please hang in there. I'm still waiting and my hands are tied. For those of you that don't know, Blogger has a block placed on it for over a week now. I've submitted the formal review form and still have had no success. I don't know what else to do and I'm very frustrated about that. I'll keep you posted.

28 comments:

  1. WOW!!! The magazine cover is fantastic!! I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Patricia!!!!!

    That is so awesome! And so gorgeous!

    ROCK ON for all that hard work paying off! WAHOOO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW! Looks *GREAT*!!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING! just like all of your work! congratulations....that's huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia, I LOVE that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic! congratulations. :)

    xo
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so GREAT!!! congratulations Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! That is a beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks amazing!! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh, that block must be so frustrating! At least you have such wonderful things to distract you- the cover looks amazing. Just amazing. And how cool to see a draft of you BOOK?! You must be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gaah! wow! amazing! brilliant! a few words that come to mind. that work is tres clever. i LOVE it too!
    what was the prompt for that design? did they give you one? i'm so interestd in the process and how it evolved. did they have any specifics in mind? i'm very curious that way. did they find you via your blog? i know lots of questions but i have a really curious mind and i'm so interested in how these things come about.
    congratulations on delivering a super cover.
    why is there a block on your CS blog? why does that happen? do you even know?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cover! Congratulations. Sorry to hear about the blog block, that just sounds insane. Hope it gets resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! I'm so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one amazing cover, & thanks for going through the process - I'm fascinated by it too!
    You're one 'Clever Trevor'!! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just lovely! Congratulations. And I am more than excited for your new book to come out!! That is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Patricia! this is an awesome papercut!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's beautiful, Patricia! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! It's a great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  20. congratulations Patricia!! it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is gorgeous! and congratulations! you truly deserved this success..go ahead, jump and sing and dance... :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just found your blog. This is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for answering all my questions. i appreciate that you share the process. it's really helpful and it's also encouraging to learn about other's success stories.
    i think the white is what makes it *pop*.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! What an amazing post! I know it's not very new anymore, but huge congrats on all of these awesome achievements! I'm really happy for you!

    ReplyDelete