first photography favor/gig

I hardly ever get to work on any projects on the weekends, but my camera does get a lot of action. I've been wanting to make Mondays a 'photo day' on my blog for a long time. So, what better time to start than by showing you a small sampling of the two day (250+ photos), engagement photo shoot of my brother and his fiancée (no close-ups because I promised them some privacy).

I've never taken 'serious' portrait photos so I wasn't sure how it would go but it went smoothly and we had fun.

On Saturday we worked a couple of hours close to our house. Yes, their dog was in some photos too.



On Sunday we went to the center of town—Rice University and Hermann Park.



The only two non-people photos that I got to take really quickly.



My compensation? Lunch and seeing how happy my brother and he's fiancée are with the results.

15 comments:

  1. Great photos! These make me even more excited to be going home to spend Thanksgiving with my family in Houston this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herman Park is gorgeous in the evening. I've got a ton of photos a friend of mine and I took with the SLR sitting in a box waiting to be picked through for framing and gifting.

    Those are great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, Patricia! I get a really feeling of intimacy between your brother and his fiancée, but also between you and them. What a lovely gift for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Patricia! I love, love, love the foot shot - probably because I have to stand on tiptoes to kiss my husband. Nice work! Thanks for sharing and congrats to your brother and his bride-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the foot picture! You can tell what kind of guy he is by his shoes and her toes reaching up to kiss him...brilliant! The rest of the photos are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a stunning job!!! I too love the feet picture. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i looove the shot of their feet!!
    very nice shoot, all around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone!! You've totally made my morning with your kind comments.

    Jennifer - the weather is perfect so you should have a great time!

    Carat - I've always wanted to shoot in Hermann Park and specially that fountain. I finally got my chance!

    Michelle - thanks for the reminder on the spelling of "fiancée" - totally messed that up didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! and definitely the shoot of their feet is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are wonderful. And how sweet that whenever they look at them, they will remember that you took them. That makes it even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delurking to say - wonderful blog. And to add my voice to the praise for the foot picture. Just beautifully staged and shot. So perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog today...LOVE the pictures, especially the one of their feet! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great! My brother also got engaged recently and I wish that the photos I took of him and his fiancee were this good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No Samantha. She was adopted by my brother and the vet thinks she's a mix of a lab and a german sherphard + who knows what else. She's still a puppy though and very sweet.

    ReplyDelete