cut paper illustrations

I didn't mean to disappear for a week. It just kind of happened. I've been really busy. I did manage to create some new pieces for the shop and you can now see them here. I expected to have more work done but it just didn't happen. I will be posting other pieces, that are in progress right now, in the next few days.

As you can see I've been working a lot with white and let me tell you it is not easy to photograph! I will have to figure out a way to make these shots a little better.

These paper cut illustrations are what I see as the natural process of what I've been working on all along. I've been working with the aspect of making something two-dimensional look more 3D with my balsa pieces and then I started the same with paper. I love it. It's challenging because not any illustration works with this. I love playing along the fine line of what works and what doesn't.

I'm in the middle of another busy weekend so I will have to keep this short. I hope that everyone has a wonderful time before we all need to go back to reality and work next week! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Patricia! Lovely!! Please tell me you will be making one with two boys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hola Patricia, te escribo para decirte que me ha encantado tu blog, bueno y tus trabajos son una maravilla no sabría cual elegir, eres todo creatividad, bueno te apunto a mis favoritos para visitarte con más frecuencia, Un saludo desde Canarias

    ReplyDelete