Quiet time



I had a quiet day today and I was able to make some progress with new work for my shop. Ever since I bought my Moleskine 90% of what I've sketched is plant life. The winter cold is making me long for some pretty plants to start sprouting. This is the first example of using one of my sketches as inspiration. I think the carving still needs a little work in some spots but as usual I was impatient and wanted to see this on a scrap of fabric right away.

I have to keep this short and sweet because I've got to run and pick up my little ones from school! A relaxed mom makes a better mom. I'm totally convinced of that. It's going to be a fun afternoon. I can feel it already.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

2 comments:

  1. I tried and tried to come up with something better than "embroidered block prints" but couldn't! Love your "stuff"!@

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaahh..another beautiful linen piece. the designs that you make with your rubber carvings are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete