Happy



After working on this more than I thought it would take me I finally finished my little trees. The frame is something I had handy but I think I'll look for something different. My original plan was to place the trees in some sort of shadow box. I want to use a pin on each corner so that the trees are floating in the box and hopefully get some shadows of the trees on the background. It works in my head we'll see if it actually does work when I get the proper frame. For now I just removed the back of the frame and you can see some shadows on the wall. Not exactly what I envisioned but that's ok.

The flowers you see where a little surprise from my husband yesterday. I call them my "just because" flowers which are the best to receive. I told my husband a long time ago that I didn't want him to ever give me anything for Valentine's day. I'm just not into it and neither is he. These flowers, on the other hand, are the ones I love to get. If they're gerber daisies even better! They're my favorite flowers.

Thank you to all of you who posted your 'hellos' in my previous post. I looove hearing from all of you. It's so interesting to see all your blogs and what your interests are and realize that we have many things in common (art, design, kids, work from home, some or all of the above!). I hope you continue to visit! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

14 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful... it just takes my breath away with the preciseness of the design and the overall cleverness of the idea! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trees are incredible looking. Is the balsa painted at all? Or is that just how it looks all on its own. Double wow. Love it. Like those silhouettes... but more alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks SO cool! i love the way the trees cast a shadow on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you can turn balsa wood into something gorgeous! I love the shadows on the wall and the even the wall itself in the background.

    About de-lurking...this is my first visit to your blog so I guess I'm not really de-lurking (although I admit I'm a lurker...bad, I know) Anyway I JUST started my own blog so there's not a whole lot of info about me there yet but you are welcome to come on over. I'm excited to be involved in the blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Like a walk in the real woods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are lovely! i like your idea of a shadow box! i've done that before and it makes a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am obsessed by trees (as evidenced by my blog!) and I think yours are beautiful. It's like looking into another world, really.

    I'm in my de-lurking phase as well, and thank you for your lovely comments on my blog over at the Switchboards. :)

    xoxo
    Amy
    www.remakeables.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a cool idea! I love the trees! I love nature and any art depicting nature, especially trees! This is a really wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! What a wonderful project!

    And kudos to your hubby for being such a sweetheart. He could teach my hubby a few things. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all your lovely lovely comments!! I truly appreciate them all. :)

    And welcome to those of you that are de-lurking. I'm glad you're here and hope you continue to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful. I'd love to see a really long version -- it would look like an entire forest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Laurie! Well actually...I do have an extra longer piece of balsa that I started to work on. We'll see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! I love how it has a 3-dimensionality (is that a word?) to it!! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is incredible! I love it.

    ReplyDelete