Whew! What a weekend!

Saturday - Little D's birthday party was fun and went really well. I think (hope!) that everyone had a good time. The party started at noon so it was hard to keep D distracted until then. He just couldn't wait to be at his party and with his friends. Presents were obviously on his mind as well! ;)

Here are the magnets that I designed and ordered from Button Arcade as little parting gifts. I tried coming up with something other than the usual goodie bag stuff that I really dislike. I think these turned out cute.



Sunday - Houston Marathon Day!
This morning I ran my first half-marathon and it was a blast. I didn't have a specific goal time-wise. I just wanted to finish and keep up with my training group. I did finish and I didn't lose my group until about mile 10 when I started faiding so I'm happy. The last time I ran before today was in November. I didn't run in December and January because too much was going on so the fact that I did what I did is pretty good in my book. My brother ran the full marathon and is trying to recruit me to do that with him next year. We shall see!

I was a dorky first-timer and carried a camera with me. Here's a shot as I approached downtown Houston again (mile 11) and one of my medal (I know horrible pic). I'm a happy camper! :)





And yes, I was supposed to go live with A Little Hut tomorrow and that will not be happening. I'm sticking to the the "not killing myself" resolution and will open when I'm good and ready. I'd rather do it right and not rush into anything I'm not 100% ready to show everyone.

5 comments:

  1. wow, i am so impressed with you! great job and i love it that you took a camera :) my brother is a runner and he did a little training with a friend who also ran the half marathon yeasterday. i'll have to ask him how he did too!

    p.s. i can't wait to see your site when it goes live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie! I'm happy but limping and walking around like a penguin today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the marathon!
    As much as I'd like to see your site go live, I totally understand on the "not killing yourself to do it" attitude. You've been doing so much recently, you deserve to relax a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ponderer! Yes, a little TLC is what I need and have been receiving from my very loving husband! Yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my site. I love your designs, they are so cute. And the buttons for your son's party are so great!

    ReplyDelete